The Carve is a powerful, reactive and controllable kite, ideal for carving up a wave face, tucking into a barrel or boosting strapless tricks. Engineered with a stable, lower aspect ratio design for fast pivot turns and excellent drift, the Carve has an ... extremely direct feel in both bar pressure and steering initiation. For 2023, we've put the Carve back into its wave riding category. Refined bridling for a longer, more progressive travel means the kite feels smoother and more responsive throughout the full depower range. It is still reactive when you sheet out – to the very end. Improved overall balance also enhances drift, so when you're surfing, it glides down the line, waiting for your bar input. More intuitive control - especially when the kite's not visible on a big bottom turn, cut back, or in a barrel - means you can focus 100% on the surf. The Carve has a slightly reduced leading-edge diameter and thinned-out profiles. This gives the kite smoother power delivery, improves the high-end wind range, and helps you ride deeper in the pocket for longer. The kite won't pull you aggressively off the rail, and you'll have softer landings when doing big jumps. The 2023 Carve will also relaunch faster in critical situations. We've introduced lighter bladders in all sizes and a lighter 2-ply canopy reinforcement. This reduces weight and helps improve the turning speed in light wind while maintaining the Carve's surf-tough durability. The Carve now flies faster, generating more power and board speed. It rockets upwind. Experienced riders will benefit from the kite's impressive power and efficiency, while intermediate riders will find it offers a smoother, more user-friendly ride. Freeride and Strapless Freestylers will love the improved hangtime and catch for kite loops and softer landings.
product code: 85000.230001
Kite, Kite Bag, Repair Kit
- Refined bridling for improved balance / drift / surf performance
- Greater response throughout the full depower range
- New durable lightweight 2-ply canopy reinforcement
- Improved wind range with more high-end stability and more hangtime
- High buoyancy leading-edge diameter slightly reduced for smoother power delivery
- Two-stage arc with direct pivot steering
- Highest quality low-drag
- no-pulley bridle lines
- Refined aerodynamic profile transition panels
- Fast-launching swept leading edge design
- 3x personalised performance tuning options
- Kevlar reinforced strut system with bridle deflectors
- HyperFlow rapid single-point inflation
- Go Green Recycled PET kite bag
- N-HTRS High Performance high tenacity ripstop canopy
- DuraLite seam protection
- Even lighter bladders in ALL sizes
Longer Travel for improved drift and smoother responseThe Carve is a statically balanced, stable kite that resists nose diving. Its bridling ensures you’re able to maintain complete drift while sheeted in or out, riding a down-the-line or onshore wave. For 2023 we’ve refined the bridle to allow for a longer, more progressive depower travel.
View full screen
View full screen
The chase is on
Behind the Design
A powerful, reactive and controllable kite, the 2023 Carve now flies faster, generating more power and board speed. Delve into the technology with North Kite Designer Dano See and Brand Director Mike Raper.
WHAT RIDERS SAY
"The Carve gives me a lot of control when I’m in the air and is perfect for a good wave session."
THIS IS SURF